Shipping Dispute

I was mostly adding this for others, as you seem to have already established TO THE CUSTOMER, that they received "a box". Other than legal action, denying them any further sales, or flying out there and confiscating the disputed units out of their stock, I'm not sure how much more you can do.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The last thing I want to do is confiscate any inventory. Somewhere between receiving a PO for units they wanted shipped a week before the PO was received and delivery of the first unit on that PO they decided they didn't want them at all. They have been trying to cancel the order since.

If necessary I will have another 60 units made and ship the damn things. I want my car!

--

Rick C
Reply to

Surely the proof of delivery plus courier's weight declaration is enough to give you the edge in court.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

HUH??? The customer doesn't WANT the units, but you are going to send them MORE of them?? Now, I'm REALLY confused.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

And the OP is really generous.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

A PO is a contractual obligation. When they issue a PO I incur costs. I expect to be compensated for those costs. If I have to build another

60 units to get that compensation I will!!! There is still profit even after building them twice. But that would be a last resort.
--

Rick C
Reply to

They've said aren't going to pay. You've got the evidence you need. Your contract hopefully states a raised price... what else do you need?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

OK then they should pay. How much money is it? And how big a customer are they? You could say to them, look we have this dispute, I'm adding

5% to all the future boards I'm sending you to pay for it. Or you could just eat it. You sometimes get screwed, and can't really do anything about it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I won't be going down without a fight. You must not have read the thread. I've said the amount would pay for a car. Maybe not the Tesla I want to buy, but a large hunk of it. Enough to pay a lawyer to file in court.

Oddly enough I don't expect any more business from them. This goes in a piece of networking gear. The company that sells this gear has indicated this line is EOL. That, combined with the fact that I suspect the contract assembler ordered too many units from me, means they won't be placing any more orders at all. So a threat of credit hold may not have much weight, although I doubt these guys know that. They are just contract assemblers and likely don't know anything about the product line.

I will be giving them a bit more time. At six months I'll start threatening legal action. In the mean time I will be sending invoices for the late fees and see whose attention that gets.

--

Rick C
Reply to

ent

on

clude

o they

f the

its on

ed the

howing

one

the

the

er 60

can't

wait

mpany

der by

s. 60

x will

2.7

deal

with

t see

.O.B.

opy if

ell as

ess").

e you

nts

sent

ND lot

01).

ved by

nd see

done

ceived

oved

e to

kes it

ve

.

Another old thread that I want to reply to. As it turns out the reports of the death of the product line were greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase Mark Twain. I received another batch of orders for units this year with profit s of near half a million. I might actually retire this time.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Problems in Collections and pre litigation? Here is someone that handles such problems all over the world:

Robert Bryant Senior Account Representative

1-800-318-6494 Ext 2232 Altus Global Trade Solutions Website : wwwtrustaltus.com Email : snipped-for-privacy@trustaltus.com
Reply to
Robert Baer

:

pment

60 on

and

include

not

So they

of the

im to

units on

gled the

showing

, one

or the

or the

ther 60

I can't

ey wait

two

dy to

company

its

order by

ams. 60

box will

s 2.7

o deal

ms with

n't see

F.O.B.

u.

a copy if

s well as

dress").

sure you

tents

st sent

AND lot

0401).

eived by

and see

e done

own

received

shoved

ble to

makes it

rove

wn

ct

ine.

s of the death of the product line were greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase Mark Twain. I received another batch of orders for units this year with pr ofits of near half a million. I might actually retire this time.

I eventually got paid. I was rather patient sending something to remind th em about paying me periodically. But when it reached 9 months I wrote and asked them to put me in touch with their attorneys. A couple weeks later I was paid. Then the icing on the cake was was in the new year they ordered more units. So they had to pay the late charges before I would accept the order. lol

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit