Shielded Banana Plugs

And one can light a stogie with it, or light the starter chimney for the barbecue later on :-)

The 150W iron I have is from Ersa, it wasn't very expensive, under $50 AFAIR. What I found to be quite good as well is the Weller 100/140W solder gun. Those are really cheap. I often ran into "not enough solder oomph" situations at clients and then we did a hardware store detour at lunchtime and bought one. Around $20, usually.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Was it this one? -->

I had one of those -- probably still do, somewhere -- that rapidly developed a switch problem wherein you had to squeeze REALLY hard to get to 140W. I don't recall if I took it apart to try to fix it, but it sure was annoying.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yes, although we did pay less at the local stores.

I've never seen one fail. And after I talked clients into buying one I sometimes found that their mechanical guys really loved this thing and soldered lots of brass and other stuff with it. Especially after they found out that engineering had this big 1lbs coil of solder. So they are used a lot.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I've seen about a half dozen bad switches in the Weller 8200 gun since the mid '60s. I bought my first one in 1966. I splurged and bought the complete kit & carry case for $9 from Allied Radio by mail. I was 13, and mowed lawns that summer to raise the money for my first good tools.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

to=20

much the=20

with the=20

usual=20

mass=20

better way=20

Maybe, i have met people that could not learn to crimp correctly.

the=20

Reply to
JosephKK