Seek CCFL inverter drive IC and circuit design

I am seeking CCFL Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp drive IC? Can you please tell me which IC maker have these IC? I only found Maxim.

Is there any good CCFL inverter drive circuits? I am especially seeking energy saving type of circuits.

Thank you.

Reply to
August2006

Check out Jim Williams' series of application notes for Linear Technology, on high frequency inverters for driving cold cathode back-lights used in laptop computers (application notes AN45, AN49, AN51, AN55, AN61, AN65).

The only thing wrong with them is that he is using a Baxandall inverter and calling it a current-driven Royer inverter.

Peter Baxandall described his parallel- and series-resonant class-D oscillators in 1959 in a paper in the Proceedings of the (British) Institute of Electrical Engineers (Baxandall, P.J, Proc I.E.E 106, B,

748 (1959)).

Royr described his inverter somewhat earlier - Bright, Pittman and George H. Royer in 1954 in a paper "Transistors as on-off switches in saturable core circuits" in Electrical Manufacturing - but the Royer circuit is missing the crucial inductor.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

please

seeking

f.ex.
Transistor Considerations for LCD Backlighting

(website effing SUCK with java-script errors *so* sometimes one has to link directly to docs - the documents are at least sensibly-named regular files. Why they bothered with javascript noone knows; maybe to create a job for some inbreed nephew??)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Is there any typical circuit example on dimming the brightness of LCD monitor's CCFL backlights? Thank you.

Reply to
August2006

LCD

What - You cannot read??

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I try to understand other alternatives how to control the brightness of CCFL lamps?

Reply to
August2006

Most (all?) CCFL controller datasheets will show you how to use _that_ device to achieve brightness control.

Most permit either analog or PWM control.

Find a suitable datasheet, (don't forget to look for app notes in the 'what's related' section) and _read_ it thoroughly.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS