SCR Module Ixys vs Semikron

I am looking at using a dual thyristor module and could use either Ixys MCC56-12 or Semikron SKKT57B12 both have similar specs 1200V 50+A and fusing I2t 8000+A2s. Not cheap but the Ixys is less than half price of the Semikron.

Do Semikron attract a premium for some reason? Can anyone say why I should go for the costlier Semikron?

Thanks piglet

Reply to
piglet

I think SemiKron uses a new process. Also, they as a company, have a strong hold in heavy industry.

Martin Riddle

Strange, that price difference.

The only significant difference I can see between the two is the lower tq for Semikron (and strange enough its higher Rth,j-c). But at 50/60 Hz I doubt tq is that critical to justify doubling the price.

Without further requirements in terms of serviceability or warranty, I would go for the Ixys.

joe

Reply to
joe hey

Many thanks. Just wanted to know if there was some unpublicised reputational issue!

piglet

Reply to
piglet

Not that I know of, but I'm already too long out of that discipline to be able to bring _you_ up to date. Sorry about that.

joe

Reply to
joe hey