Runny but fast-cure conductive epoxy?

It does work on the bond pads which aren't too much larger than the wires and that's even worse, since the pads are aluminum. The problem is that the EG8020 is somewhat thick and also will only cure in an oven in reasonable time (meaning less than a whole day).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Unfortunately not on this test. I have to connect the gold wires to some other wire which then goes to a connector.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

what about chip-quick used for desoldering smd's but it is metal and it does wet other metals - many suppliers

or

woods metal - melts below 100 degrees c and most radiator repair places will have some (i'd go chip quick)

Reply to
David Eather

Good idea. But I just had a sobering awakening. None of this stuff seems to be allowed on aircraft so there is no chance of getting any by tomorrow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It looks like Fry's stocks conductive pens, aka circuit writer pens. Isn't there a Fry's near you?

Looks like we don't have anything here; the Trace box is empty.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Tried the local auto stores (O'Reilly and Autozone) and they've got no Cerrobend, Bendalloy and such. McMaster has Bismuth and Indium alloys but unfortunately only in fat bars. It can be an option if all else fails, by machining off a small striong.

Thanks for the hint.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Wonder what it is with epoxy that presents a danger to flight. Especially in such tiny quantities.

Is there anyplace local to you that would have something in stock? You could ask the manufacturers if they have a solution for your time problem.

Reply to
Tom Miller

That's not food, it's just pain.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Plug your iron into a variac and set it as low as possible and still melt the solder you want to use. Mikek

amdx

It's far away and I do not like to go there, got bad merchandise too many times. But ... tadaaah ...

and

I'll be on my way to RS this afternoon. The two closest RS went belly up but El Dorado Hills still has one, I just called, they've got both pens and they'll hold them for me.

Thanks, John.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yep, we used to use a silver filled epoxy sheet to bond PZT-8 to aluminum for transducers. A two inch ceramic disc could handle 1000 watt pulses and 250 watts continuous. (in an ice water bath) Mikek

amdx

Amazon will ship that same pen overnight. I ordered one, just for fun.

There are very few Rat Shacks left around here.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Oh, I love hot stuff. Every time we have guests over and we don't know for all of them whether they can take hot food we tune it down a bit, an then things taste kind of bland. Even our pizza is usually at least

5-alarm. Baked in the Weber barbie, of course.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Same here, kids don't build stuff anymore, they just hang around and play on their "smart" phones. However, one of the stores has them. Wish I could go there via bicycle, would be a good workout but too dangerous because it's a narrow country road in some spots.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'll get a couple "liquid trace" pens from Radio Shack this afternoon and try.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

pancetta, chilies, a farm egg & pecorino - but I had them dial down the chiles... I want a meal, not punishment. Damned tasty with a big Anchor Steam beer.

The poached egg on top is a nice touch.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yeah, that's what they SAY! But, it real life, I have rarely gotten good results. Good enough for what we were doing, but probably not even good enough for logic signals. Most of my experience with the stuff was grounding lead foils over scintillators, and the foils may have been pretty oxidized. And, as they were thin, I didn't want to scrape a shiny spot on them. I had some batches that maybe were expired and never gave good conductivity, you could put DVM probes on the cured epoxy and read tens to 100's of K Ohms. Some were better, and would read less than 10K Ohms on a small dot of the stuff.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

You can get two-part epoxy at a model airplane store. To make it runnier, you can dilute the epoxy with alcohol as you mix it.

Reply to
John S

Oh. I forgot that you wanted conductive epoxy. Sorry.

Reply to
John S

For me a good meal means sweat beads showing up on the forehead. Not quite thai-hot but close.

I still remember the Anchor Steam OBA I had when we went to Zeitgeist. One of the best beers mankind ever made.

Oh yeah. Reminds me, my wife made another round of pickled eggs and they are getting ready ... today. Yay!