Some results of desulphating lead acid batteries

Some results of desulphating lead acid batteries. After trying the flyback impulse method with load at the same time, it looked like I killed the battery. Also the whole house was smelling of acid... Turned out I was perhaps discharging more than charging because of that load. Anyways, recharged it a bit, and got capacity I had back before I tried the pulse method, but after the 16V / 200 mA method. Recharged it again and same acid smell, but voltages look a lot better now. I will leave it in peace for a day (for the smell), corrosion forming on terminals too, it seems full now, and try an other discharge tomorrow. If that does not help declare battery dead. There is now charge current so no need for Roberts method, but I think (its a sealed) safety valve opened or something... LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje