Running garden tools on 40-60V DC instead of 120VAC?

it's a single box with battery, charger and inverter all in one, with 120V, 12V and USB outputs though 250W might be a bit low

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This one has 300W but IME such small inverters trip off all the time because most power tools have a much larger start-up power draw. That is one of the advantages of direct DC, no trip-off.

Even regular draw at 120VAC is higher than that. My hedge trimmer and the weed whacker are the most used tools here and they each pulls 4 amps at 120VAC, almost 500W. On 50V DC that drops to about half yet the power is still reasonably ok. Not for a professional gardener but for me.

Reply to
Joerg

It is almost misleading withthe word Generator. I think it does have solar cells for charging, but they would take a long time and not at all in the night.

I would think that genertor would mean a useful generaor that would be gas or propane powered.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery