Replacement for 741

Kettle Corn Noise.

The datasheet for TL071

I agree with George though--get some others as backup. I recommend LM319s. They're ten times slower than an LT1016 but ten times quicker than an LM393.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

  • Worked for Fairchild in the daze when popcorn noise was a puzzler. I believe someone in National Semi solved it; basically a cleanliness issue.
Reply to
Robert Baer

RCA's second source part CA741 was available in a special low burst noise (aka popcorn) variant CA6741 circa 1972 which RCA claimed was made possible by their advanced process. Application note ICAN-6732 describes the test set.

piglet

Reply to
piglet