Reflex regenerative receiver again

So I'm buidling this cool little reflex receiver! It's using a 12EC8 triode/pentode, with the triode performing RF/audio gain duties and the pentode used as the regen amp/oscillator/detector.

Power is provided by a 4 "C" cell battery pack and boosted to 12 volts by one of those eBay China special switchers, wrapped up in shielding. The B+ looks pretty clean on my scope so I hope interference from the switcher won't be too much of a problem.

I found a good reason to use a single transistor as a "fake" gyrator inductor for the gain stage...if youre injecting both RF and audio into the triode via the cathode and grid respectively, it looks like you get an emitter follower audio output "for free."

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Reply to
bitrex