Re: UFOs use a new state of matter.

I'm surprised... it should be easy to gin up UFO sounds... like a helicopter or something.

Or they could have said: in a vacuum, no one can hear you scream...

I don't know why people are so willing to believe these things.

Because it's more fun than boring old science... wondering and speculating is more exciting than knowing.

Marvin Minsky once wrote an essay: "Why AI can never win". His point was that certain tasks seemingly require human intelligence, beyond machine capability... like chess, for instance... until a program beats a chess master, and people say "oh well, chess is obviously simple, that's not real intelligence, just a trick."

It's the same type of thing - people want to believe in unsolvable mysteries, they want unanswerable riddles. Human nature, what can ya do?

-- Rich

And Wormley is the first in line for a riddle.

Reply to
Androcles