Re: reflective optosensor

> I've got a client who's designing yet another electric car. His idea is

>> a drop-in kit to convert your old VW to electric. Anyway, he's got a VW >> pan and tranny and flywheel, and there's a nice surface on the flywheel >> and a nice mounting place, so the design should be fairly >> straightforward; but before I jump into that, isn't there something >> available off-the-shelf that just puts out a 12V pulse when it sees the >> white stripe? That way, all I'd have to do is come up with some mounting

> Can't help with the VW or the sensor, but re: printed circuits, you don't > have to have Gerbers with many of the fab houses. For example, >
has their own downloadable software - which is some of > the simplest stuff you can imagine. But it gets the job done. I'm sure > the same is true of the others. With express, after you place an order, > for an additional $60 or so, they'll send you Gerbers - which you'll want > if your going to shop around for higher production volumes. -mpm

Thanks, But, with the sensors that others have suggested, I might be able to skate out of the PCB design. :-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise