Re: Parallel Connecting Two Identical Switching PSUs

If electronics has been your hobbly or

> profession for many years, I'm sure you've > connected two identical linear regulators. > An example would be connecting two 5 amp > LM338 regulators to produce a 10 amp supply. > > I've never done this with identical switchmode > regulators, and I'm wondering if it's practical > or even possible? > > I've got two 20 volt - 3 amp brick style (also > called table-top) switching power supplies. > I'd like to combine the ouputs. In effect, > you would end up with an 20 volt - 6 amp > supply. > > They are manufactured by Pihong. > Model No. PSA60W-200. >

No no no, it's not a very auspicious start.

We just don't do that sort of stuff.

I've already reported you to snipped-for-privacy@google.com but (un)fortunately they won't pay attention.

Stop being obsequious.

Obviously you need N-1 diode redundancy and a PID contoller.

The PIC men will be along later to sort you out.

DNA

Reply to
Genome