Re: Let battery go empty before reloading. Q: Why ?

Well,

I had 3 shaves I think... and euhm..

The thing is still working.

But the RED LED is always burning ?!

I think that's just stupid Philips design.

The manual doesn't explain what the RED LIGHT means, it's always on because I don't have power in the bathroom so I shave cordlessly.

The RED led probably means it doesn't have wall-socket-power.

I KNOW THAT. I DONT NEED A RED LED FOR THAT.

It would be more usefull if the RED led would indicate when the battery power is too low for a good shave ?!

So I always thought RED led means lower power... (and then I would go charge it up again ?!?) but I don't think it means that.

So that's bad.

It's spinning a little bit slower... but apperently it should be good enough for shaving.

I think it might last a long time.

Also during the loading I am not sure when it's fully loaded.

First the green light is on... and then it starts blinking or something...

Or was it other way around ? Oh well.

Blinking probably means it's fully charged ! ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Hello, > > The lady at the barber shop said the following: > > She let the battery of the shaving device go completely empty before > reloading it with power. (she had a spare already loaded). > > She said otherwise it doesn't load properly. > > I think I am noticing the same effect on my own shaving device. > > Right now I am completely letting it go empty, it's taking forever, this > is the second time in years that I am doing this. > > It's like the battery never loaded properly because of all the quick > loading in between while it still had some power. > > It's like the shaving device never had enough power to do a good shave > after only one maybe two times of usage. > > Has anybody else noticed this effect ? > > I believe the barbershop lady, she has many years of experience shaving > lots and lots of people. > > Now comes the real question: > > What's going on inside the battery during these quick loads ? > > Why doesn't it load fully for good shaves many times ? > > Why must it be drained completely first for good/full loading ? > > After the shaving device is completely emptied and re-loaded I shall > report back on how many good shaves I could do ! > > Probably gonna take some weeks ;) > > Bye, > Skybuck. >
Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Well,

The maximum was about 4 or 5... can't remember if it was 4 or 5.

But the battery is to weak to get a good shave.

I did use trimmer all 4 times...

Kinda sucks, now I have to reload it again.

I got this shaving device for free though...

If I ever buy a new one I will sure pay attention to battery life ! ;)

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying