Re: Insulated Rubber Backing

I need a rubber backing material for some low voltage electrical

>contacts because there has to be a slight give when the contacts come >together, and I was hoping to get recommendations on what kind of >rubber to use. (The voltages will be in the order of +5, -5, +12. -12, >& +24). > >I was looking at rubbers made for gaskets and I'm trying to decide >between Nitrile, Styrene Butadiene/Natural Rubber blend, and generic >cork rubber.. > >Any advice would be appreciated. > >Thanks. > >Darren Harris >Staten Island, New York.

Just find and buy some of the 1mm thick 3M VHB tape.

Most of what I could hunt up is foam, but I had some I got at the grocery that was clear polymer with sticky on both sides. at 1 mm thick, it would make a nice cushion for you.

Reply to
SoothSayer

k,

Ok, I'll look into that.