RE DIAC/TRIAC Light Dimmers

What do you think of impressing a DC voltage to the trigger circuit to make a low frequency amplifier ? I think such a thing could be used for a servo on a DC motor.

Or is this one of those things that has already been done but I didn't know it ?

Another question is about using a higher frequency to get some bandwidth. I asked that over in SED and had a nice bastardised hack circuit that had no chance of workig out the box, but how about low frequency ? Like a motor driver.

More to a point, is this feasible usinfg tha elcheapo ten buck dimmers ? Could isolate it just fine with the pwoer transformer out of an old amp or something.

Just thinking aout hacking sometning together. Maybe I should post it over in SED.

Reply to
jurb6006

Where is my brain lol.

Reply to