Re: 1000x freq. upscaler

I asked a similar question a while ago, but received no usable

> replies. I'll try again, in case anyone different is looking in. > Apologies to all others. > > I want to generate repetitve test signals using a software frequency > generator and sound card output.Theset may incorporate simple AM or FM > modulation and/or an arbitray waveshape.

If it's the latter you want, then you want a (ta-da!) arbitrary waveform generator, aka AWG. They're commercial off-the-shelf items. But not cheap. Some plug into a PC, others are bench instruments, others are modules for plug-in test equipment.

Many DDS chips are easily AM or FM modulated, details vary but most at the very least support registers that set the amplitude and frequency

- update those registers to keep up with your modulation and you're done. DDS chips are a few bucks these days.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa