radio signals

I want to radio - transmit and receive data from some devices (e.g. 12) distant 100m (900ft) or more. Data are samples acquired.

Now I use RS485 at 1Mhz (1 Mbit/sec) and I'dd like not to slow down the process.

What is a reliable TX/RX tecnique ? Generally we are in open field.

Thanks, Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Ternavasio

"WiFi"

you'd have to modify your devices to speak USB or ethernet to do with off the shelf hardware though.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Do you really, really need 1Mbps? You've eliminated most of the inexpensive off-the-shelf license-free solutions with that one requirement. You're pretty much limited 802.11g if you really do need that much speed. Managing with 100kbps or less would increase your options a lot.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton