Potentially ‘Falsified' Electrical Inspections

"PG&E has told regulators that a former contract worker “falsified” as many as 3,000 electrical system inspection reports over the last two years in the North Bay, Humboldt area and the Sierra foothills, NBC Bay Area’s Investigative Unit has learned. Jaxon Van Derbeken reports."

No end to this veritable crush of bad people and bad behavior. People are just basically getting away with what they can. No sense of responsibility.

Fred Bloggs

In a factory making something important like food, for example, there would be the routine inspections, but also spot checks to verify the routine inspections are catching everything required. I wonder why they don't have something like that with construction inspections? It seems hard to believe that could have gone on for two years if they were doing spot inspections to verify the inspection process.

I recall any number of falsified inspections in electronics manufacturing that ultimately were discovered, but not soon enough to prevent large costs of corrections.

Reply to
Rick C

"During a later investigation into the liability of Takata’s poor choice of ammonium nitrate and the design of its inflators, a former employee of the company confirmed that test results of airbags in a Takata plant in Georgia were falsified to pass defective units, and were then further obscured by the issuing of new bar codes so the results of failed tests could not be tracked."

What were they thinking??? You just can't scum-proof critical engineering. It needs to double/triple checked through independent channels.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Is this surprising?

I see the problem more as "no sense of ACCOUNTABILITY". Foolish to blame your CHILD for misbehaving if you've not established a consistent HISTORY of taking the time/effort to DISCIPLINE him/her!

Reply to
Don Y