Please give comments on my concept idea for recharging post.

My concept is the recharging post for electric cars and people.

The post consists of solar panel, displays, wifi hub. recharging outlets fo
r electric stuff and car. displays can used for advertisements, showing sta
tus of cars, etc. it provides people nearby it with internet connection via
 wifi. With display, we can get money for operating the post, and give usef
ul information for car status including BIT results. The USB outlets enable
 people recharge their portable devices like smartphones, MP3 players, and
so on. The total power is available with the power recharged via solar pane
l.

Please give comments on this concept for brainstorming. Thanks.

Re: Please give comments on my concept idea for recharging post.
electric stuff and car.

displays can used for advertisements, showing status of cars, etc.

it provides people nearby it with internet connection via wifi. With
display, we can get money for

operating the post, and give useful information for car status including
BIT results.

The USB outlets enable people recharge their portable devices like
smartphones, MP3 players, and so on.

The total power is available with the power recharged via solar panel.

Why is it so hard to do some simple math before spouting this stuff?

A charging post must be FAST.
How many cars do you want to charge in a day...including night?
That sets how many car's worth of batteries you need.
How many cloudy days do you want to survive?
Multiply the number by that.
How much does that cost?
Not convinced?
How many acres of solar panels will be required to provide
adequate charge for your battery hoarde...while still charging cars?

All the other stuff is completely irrelevant to someone wishing to
charge their car.

We have several grid-tied charging stations around the city.
I've never seen ANY in use.

Bottom line is that all electric cars and solar have no chance of
success as long as there is any alternative lower cost source...oil.

Sure, waive the green flag...invest a zillion dollars in technology.
Show your friends how cool you are.
It'll be useful some day, just not yet.

An all electric car makes no sense unless you always drive between
two places that have chargers (yes, both can be your home) and can
be guaranteed of a vacant charger at each end.  Takes only one other
guy to ruin your plan.  Nobody wants to be stuck for an hour at the
drug store so they can get enough charge to get home.  It just ain't
practical.

Re: Please give comments on my concept idea for recharging post.

[snip]

But it meets the requirements of Obama-nomics >:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: Please give comments on my concept idea for recharging post.

If you have enough juice for the round trip, then you only need a
charger at home base, be that home or a workplace.

The Nissan Leaf has a ~75 mile range, which is enough for most
commuters (more than double the average round-trip commute).

Pretty useless for any kind of distance transportation, though, since
they didn't see fit to include a backup gasoline motor.

Most working people would not find a solar charging post useful at
home, since their car is not usually at home much during daylight
hours.

Re: Please give comments on my concept idea for recharging post.

Guess it was too much trouble to read what you quoted. ;-(