Pin # convention on SC75 (if there is one...)?

Folks, what's the most prevalent pinout convention on SC-75 packages? The Rohm 2SK3019 is one of them that I'll use and it's:

3 ===== 2 1

I've seen others that are:

3 ===== 1 2

and Infineon had yet another.

Is it the usual SOT-23 hodgepodge where every mfg rolls the dice and takes it as they happen to fall or is there some consensus? In Eagle I can assign them freely but I have seen some grief with other CAD packages.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

TO-92A TO-92B TO-92C TO-92D TO-92E TO-92F .......

Now....... tell me about all the variants each manufacturer came up with to cover the way EBC should be done in that lot.....

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Well, if they'd somehow provide a "flavor suffix" that would be nice. But they don't :-(

Thing is, if you do schematic and layout within the same package such as Eagle there is no problem. But the millisecond you hand it off to a layouter who uses another system that's different.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I think what you meant to say is that if you do it in house then there is not a problem. However the level of that fallacy is something to be reckoned with.

If you hand it out of house then....... CRAP.

Oooops, I would assume that if the first question that is not asked by the out of house person is 'what does your models look like for all these bits' you might not proceed further with their services.

Anyway, it's quite obvious to us experienced people that the pin on its own side will be the collector/drain and the other two, looking from the top will be the base/gate and emitter/source.

SORTED

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Always do it this way,

and ignore the mfr's convention. That's what we do with SOT-23's

John

Yep. Screw the 1-2-3, screen the board with C-B-E... then it's the fault of the assembly house ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Bugger.... looking from the top with Collector/Drain at the top, reading from left to right base/gate then emitter/source.

PROPERLY SORTED(?)

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Yep, guess that's what I'll do. Then frame it and give it to my layouter. Maybe we could start an "s.e.d. convention on pinouts"...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It was, and still is, a gross error to make IC packages rotationally symmetric. You couldn't plug a tube in wrong.

John

Yes, I never understood that either. Seems the semi industry is not very competent when it comes to package and pinout standardizations. And it's not rocket science. In medical we and most other companies had sent a SW engineer to the DICOM meetings on a regular basis and now we all have one common standard. When there is a noise problem I can run the pics and video loops from pretty much any system right here in the lab, don't even have to travel.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Use the IPC recommendations on pin numbering. Most companies adhere to this.

has a program with footprint definitions of many SMT parts. It's free!

--
Mark
Reply to

Keyed in "SC-75" and "SC75". Did not match any... maybe they need a better web designer?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

What can this possibly mean? "EU Council Directive 80/181/EEC Requires Products to use Metric Beginning January 1, 2010, the European Union (EU) Council Directive

80/181/EEC (Metric Directive) will allow the use of only metric units, and prohibit the use of any other measurements for most products sold in the EU. This will make the sole use of metric units obligatory in all aspects of life in the EU."

Does it mean we can't use ICs with pins on 0.1" centers? Does it mean we can't make a pc board that's 5 inches square? Is it illegal to specify the weight of a device on a datasheet in pounds? Must the British stop using BTUs for refrigeration and miles for distances?

John

A typical example of the nonsense that a bloated bureaucracy comes up with. Unfortunately that will lead to confusion with, among other things, SMT. A 0402 cap is now also a 1005. What will definitely lead to layout errors is that Eurocrats call the 0201 size "0603". Pretty stupid IMHO.

I guess we've been there in US and the general population told body politicus to ... .

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just another bout of cucumber-straightening frenzy. Work to rule. Specify your quarter inches in explicit 12 decimal place exactitude. That should really get up their noses.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

The inch is defined in terms of metric units, so 2.54 mm pitch is an exact metric dimension.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

So an inch is a metric unit!

Problem solved.

John

1 inchmeter (im) = 25.4mm? Sounds good to me..
Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I like the 'im', but what do we use for the milemeter (??) = 1.609344 km? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Today we had a delay generator board that would start up run for a couple of seconds, then reset itself and do it again. We scoped it with our FLIR thermal imager and one of the US8 logic gates was blazing like a tiny comet just before shutdown. It was in backwards.

John