PIEZO Transformers

In article , Joerg wrote: [...]

Agreed.

I have seen a J105 used as the pass element in a linear regulator for this reason. They have enough gm to make the terminal impedance low enough even with a very low gain cross over for the regulator circuit. The circuit is question was a RAM that needed to remember when the rest of the system was off.

It was a junk box project and I had the LM555s. Pin 3 of the LM555 has a lot more drive than a logic chip and will run on 12V.

[...]

I figure the odds are so low as not to matter. Besides I know where the bodies got burried.

You still can't beat the CD4000 series for low power. The 74HC parts get close but you have to limit Vcc somehow.

I don't think I'd design in a CDP1802 today buy you can still buy them freshly made. Considering what an awful processor it is, there must be some major demand other than replacement parts for the Minute Man.

I don't ask my barber if I need a hair cut and I don't ask sales people if the competing technology will stay around.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Hello Ken,

However, HC runs down to 2V at reasonable performance. CD at 3V somehow runs but it feels like driving on a flat tire. AUP is cool since it still rocks at 1V. There just aren't many kinds of devices available although the ubiquitous inverter is there. That or a Schmitt is really all you need in many semi-analog apps. I am waiting for AUP prices to drop but it needs more sources for that.

Reminds me of someone who told me about a design review. An engineer said that this ECL stuff wouldn't last ten minutes without more heat transfer. Response: It doesn't have to. From launch until impact it's always less than two minutes. After that, who cares?

I don't either, this guy just tried a hard sell on me. Didn't work. What shocked me the most was that he had no clue about how the legacy logic his employer produced really worked. All I needed from them was a document about input properties. He was unable to furnish more than the scanned-in "data sheets" which I already had. So, I had no choice but to "dis-release" that particular manufacturer. They lost pretty big biz because of it.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

In article , Joerg wrote: [...]

We call that "dis-qualify" a supplier. Its been a while since I've had to do that. The last was Intersil.

Just before ICT transfered thier PLD products to Anachip, they came around looking for new product ideas. They new that they could not compete on larger parts.

I suggested a few things. One suggestion was that the input's 0/1 boundary be well known on at least some inputs. Another was that they make at least some outputs very strong. They took neither.

BTW: ICT's "place" is still the best progamable logic program in the known universe.