Piddling around with more LEDs

Yeah, but I don't think I want *that* kind of attention. ;-)

Reply to
krw

How about his car door? ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I found three unopened boxes of 50 in the supply closet.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

or

Earth's

ends do

small

insufficient

with

Yes, that is weird. Even i would expect one card to get the vertical rates the same. Would this happen to be a linux system (?), you may be able to get to the dot clock counts if it is.

From your own text:

You have set them to different vertical refresh rates is what you said. It had thought you said that setting them to different frequencies caused the problem, rather than setting them to the same frequency.

The resolutions are the same it appears, are the sizes different?

Reply to
JosephKK

part:

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com

so

them or

on/near Earth's

ends do

small

insufficient

with

set to

No, it's my work system, so it's WinBlows. I might try a Linux CD, if I get a few minutes.

Yes, if they're set the *same* I see the interference bars walking through the display. I had them set differently so the beat was too fast to see. I had them set differently so I didn't see the bar.

I infer from this that the two display channels have different oscillators. Dumb design, but guess that's what I should expect from Dell.

Both 17", though I don't see how the monitor matters.

Reply to
krw

part:

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com

so

them or

on/near Earth's

ends do

a small

insufficient

fluorescents with

set to

I wondered about the possibility of different sizes thus different spatial resolutions (different coverage areas on the retina crashing the stereo merging or something).

Reply to
JosephKK

part:

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com

snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com

and so

and a

them or

on/near Earth's

ends do

a small

insufficient

fluorescents with

set to

I don't see (NPI) how different sizes would cause the beat to move through one of the monitors.

Reply to
krw

1024 lines on one 1020 on the other same hozintal rate.
Reply to
Jasen Betts

That's not the monitor's decision. I've already said that both are set to 1280x1024.

Reply to
krw

At this point, i suspect your only hope is complaining to the video card vendor. In m$winders display card drivers there pretty much is no way to get to the clock count data.

Reply to
JosephKK