PICkit 2 won't program with crystal in application circuit

Howdy, folks --

I have an application circuit set up for a PIC 16F88 clocked by a 20MHz crystal (with a 15pF cap between each crystal lead and ground). The application circuit will only work with the crystal attached, but the PICkit 2, the programmer I'm using, will only see the PIC if I detach the crystal.

Anyone heard of this happening before?

Thanks PSM

Reply to
Peter S. May

Hi, For Programming you need RB6, RB7 und MCLR what have you connected to these Pins

Regards Jochen

Peter S. May schrieb:

Reply to
Jochen Rapp