PCB with 271 relays

A billion or so washing machines used motor driven rotary switches as controllers.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Obtainium, but expensivum. Lots of them are on ebay.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

It seems that your fringe elecronics is even more fringe than mine. I play with magamps, which are, so to speak, a step forward. ;-)

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

mega-amps might be even more exciting.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

They surely are. 2MA. Scary.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

I want to hear the self test routine on this board.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

It will be fun to play Jingle Bells or something on it.

We'll stack two boards in the typical test set, which gives 542 relays to play.

lunatic fringe electronics

What was the failure mode of the Omron parts?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Bad sealing, water penetration when washed.

lunatic fringe electronics

Oh, so not an issue if they're not going to be washed, then.

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Probably not. We didn't have trouble with the Omrons when we used a rosin flux/solvent wash process. When we went with ROHS/soluble flux/water wash, we started seeing leakage currents between open contacts. Water is evil. We have ordered a new "vapor degreaser", which is actually a solvent wash system, so we can continue to use rosin flux on leakage-sensitive boards, low-level analog stuff.

lunatic fringe electronics