pcb-mount air flow sensor

It's warmer at low air flows, then gets cooler again at higher velocity.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That's why you need a couple of temperature sensors, one to measure the ambient temperature and the other to measure self-heating of the dissipating sensor with respect to that ambient.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Description lacks in mechanical details. How to best do this would depend on structure of air flow. ...Jim Thompson

Be careful. Geezers can get serious injuries waving your hands around like that.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

So how the air flows doesn't matter? You just can't resist being a crap-head, can you? ...Jim Thompson

Or, why do they seem to think that low interest rates are a good thing? Right now, I can't get a CD that makes better than 1% interest unless I am willing to lock up my money for more than three years! Anyone that has been consciencious (sp?) and saved their money are now being penalized big time. Banks don't want to pay interest to get your money, they get their money for free from the government, and then get to charge you big interest to borrow it. It looks like we are going to have to take our IRAs over to Etrade and invest them into dividend paying stocks just to break even... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Right. There seems to be a "natural" interest rate of around 3% that makes an economy work well. [1]

I think the current politically-enforced zero interest rates are a fat dude sitting on the safety valve. As you note, it's forcing people into stocks, which the pros on Wall Street skim for fun and profit. Thieves and idiots are in charge.

[1] Jane Austen in "Pride and Prejudice" refers to people having their money in "the three per cents."

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Dubya/greenspan were *concerned about deflation*. And here we are... They were, roughly trying to keep very low inflation while still having something (housing price ) to give people the feeling they had money.

Dubya is right now doing his "the 4% solution" book tour ( not really his book, but it's done under the auspices of a think tank that's named for him ) and what's in it probably won't help. It's more talking points.

No; the industry did. For one, Glass-Steagall probably had nothing to do with it ( source Micheal Lewis ), Fannie/Freddie didn't either (I forget the source ).

Government contribution wasn't *sero*, but it wasn't enough to crash the thing or even damage things. Also also, several folks have noted that the housing bubble had nearly nothing to do with the financial crisis, Scott Sumner prime among them.

bear stearns went to the overnight repo market and failed. That was the financial crisis.

Sumner thinks there's been inadequate actual liquidity added by the Fed, the mirror image of the 1970s inflation. That could in fact cause Bear's failure.

"Houses always go up". Except when they don't. Like ...four?? times in the 20th Century alone...

Similar, but not the same. Ireland was much more nuts. Spain ... it's not that clear what happened there, other than Spain having a poor balance of trade within the EU.

Greece was mainly just graft.

Because they'll take that in lieu of rising wages. Even *that* is more questionable now; the "median income has stagnated" thing begins to look like "the economy has gotten better at keeping people with low marginal product employed."

Right now, the fed is paying interest on reserves, which makes all the monetary easing do ... nothing. So we have the "debt" without actually having any increase in the useable money supply.

it's a firehose, but:

Not everybody holds to the Sumner theory, but it's little more than warmed over Milton Friedman. Not a strange thing at all.

Hard to actually say that. Lots of stuff can be scrapped if we manage this properly. The stuff that works is phenomenally productive.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Right - against a trend background of 4% annual GDP growth.

Wall Street per se doesn't even do stocks any more, really.

It's possible that our collected fear of inflation is really at fault. People are still scared of 1979 - you'll see that on blog postings all the time.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

I've used PT1000s in "to92" (flat only two legs) but they are not

4cents

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

ted

I guess I wasn't clear. It's not enough to look at temperature (because heat shedding by conduction to substrate, or by directed airflow, are indis= tinguishable). The intent, rather, was to look at a direction-dependence that only occurs with airflow IN THAT DIRECTION. So, the sensed quantity is directional he= at flow asymmetry. It works without excellent coupling to the airflow, because the printed wiring board temperature profile takes on the asymmetry.

Reply to
whit3rd