patent question

Even a Bel Air Hardtop Coupe which is a mighty fine car:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Exactly what CEO has a salary of $4B/yr?

Reply to
krw

That's the rub. Define "trivial" and "obvious". Many things are "obvious", once you understand them. That's the purpose of the patent, after all.

Reply to
krw

Instead of define "trivial" or obvious" like defenders of patents are waiting for, i would say :

It's a common attitude, nearly an idiosyncrasie, to obfuscate things for defending or protecting "patents" especially ideas commonly shared by everyone !

Good ideas are universal, people who are defending patents are defending the bad ones.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

You can't base that on the standard 2,080 hour year. They might work ten hours a month or something.

Not all, but some.

Reply to
jurb6006

OK, I'm game. What CEO works a standard year, even?

None.

Reply to
krw

If you want to change the subject, answer the question first. What makes something "obvious"?

Who says?

Reply to
krw

Actually the best patents are unnecessary.

Nobody else can build the damn thing.

Reply to
jurb6006

Utter nonsense.

In that case one would be a fool to patent the widget. They *AREN'T* mandatory.

Reply to
krw

i didn't realize i had change the subject.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

--
An idiosyncratic attitude can't, by definition, be common, so if
obfuscation were common, the attitude fostering it would be more

Also, if they were ideas commonly shared by _everyone_, then they'd
be impossible to obfuscate since the patent examiner would also be
privy to them.
Reply to
John Fields

--- For patent owners with deep pockets who can defend the patent against pirates and ultimately come out of it with enforceable injunctions and collectable damages awarded in their favor, a patent is a good idea.

For most of the rest of us, I think the strategy boils down to something like: "Get it to market and expect that in a year you'll be up against an onslaught of cheaper knockoffs."

John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

--
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jf9t8nr1vq5ef0/english.jpeg

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

Speaking of patents there is some characteristics commonly shared by patenters which is : "this is my idea ! it's forbidden for you, even incidentally, to have the same, even in 50 years ! you've been warned" that's what i meant with idiosyncrasy.

Patent examiner are of patenters ... obviously ... they are paid for what they are doing i.e. patenting not defending ideas in general.

H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

--

John Fields
Reply to

Hey Johnny i did not pretend i speak English !

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

--
The idiosyncrasy seems to lie within _you_, in that you think that
the purpose of a patent is to limit the dissemination of an idea.

The exact opposite is true and, in fact, in return for a full
disclosure (to the patenting authority) of the idea, which is made
public if the patent is awarded, the patent holder is granted a term
where s/he is the only one allowed to control the manufacture and/or
sale of the patented device in jurisdictions which share each
other's regulations.
Reply to
John Fields

--
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq2jmvgwfsvfs00/english2.jpeg

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

You're right, nothing on the earth surface can be an obstacle to ideas dissemination - as you say - not even patents. Did i say something else ? I make no confusion between the ideas and processes. I do not mind that a patent protects a manufacturing process but not ideas in general. Or saying differently "an idea does not have to be owned by one person, the practical implementation of this idea may be ..."

Patents examiners always have sufficient skills to evaluate or distinguish ideas and implementations ? I really doubt of that.

That's all for me. H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet