Passive Keyless Entry - Keyless Go Automotive Systems

Are there any automotive electronics professionals here that can guide me toward providers of passive keyless entry or keyless go systems as used in the automotive world? I'd appreciate any contact information. Thanks, in advance.

Reply to
fdelahanty

I don't know who the providers are, but I recently drove an Infiniti G35 loaner car... as long as the fob was in the car, or in my pocket, it would start without a key.

...Jim Thompson

That's the type of system I'm interested in. Does anyone have any info on suppliers?

Reply to
fdelahanty

I've worked with a number of RFID suppliers... Single Chip Systems, Bella ID, Intermec, SAVI, ClarIDy, and now SIRIT, but don't recall any mention of automotive remote-keyless entry... just remote reading of tire pressure, etc.

...Jim Thompson

Maxim IC is one group you should be talking to.

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
EE123

Maxim IC is one group you should be talking to.

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
EE123

Siemens VDO makes the system for the Volkswagen Audi Group. The older model was based on a Philips HITAG2 chipset. I'm not sure what is in the latest generation.

Igor

Reply to
igor.dorrestijn

I may be able to help you...

However I will need to know your project application and what you are trying to achieve.

Some PKE (Passive Keyless Entry) IC suppliers have very high MOQ's... in the millions....

Some won't supply support unless you are a car company....

JG

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

A few years ago, Siemens, now Infineon, were pretty innovative in this area, and I got a couple of samples off them then. They still have some devices on their website, and would be worth a look. But I suspect that if you are not BMW or Mercedes, you may not find them all that attentive.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox