OT: What's $1.9B Amongst Californica Friends...

:

tes:

at

sed by fewer people, and mostly to get to someplace more hospitable.

I was last in California a little more than ten years ago - 2004 or 2005 - and we ended up driving down from San Franciso to Los Angles, so I did spen d some time on Californian highways. We didn't get anywhere near Arizona - my wife has a collaborator who is a professor there now, but they tend to w ork together in Nijmegen rather than Phoenix.

That's what a decade of drought will do.

ru > Arizona are _the_ major east-west routes of the USA.

Why would I need to know? A google search would find it.

does suggest that the route through Arizona is merely one of several.

Their deficit is smaller proportion of their income than Arizona's ...

With Trump as president, California might choose to secede.

A 5% deficit isn't a budget disaster?

Rejecting raising more money in taxes is what right-wingers do, but it does make it difficult to balance the budget.

A 5% deficit can pay for a lot of road maintenance. If more wisely invested , it might improve the economy of the state, and grow its tax revenue.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

rites:

crat

ly

used by fewer people, and mostly to get to someplace more hospitable.

- and we ended up driving down from San Franciso to Los Angles, so I did sp end some time on Californian highways. We didn't get anywhere near Arizona

- my wife has a collaborator who is a professor there now, but they tend to work together in Nijmegen rather than Phoenix.

thru > Arizona are _the_ major east-west routes of the USA.

5

es make it difficult to balance the budget.

ed, it might improve the economy of the state, and grow its tax revenue.

What is bankrupting California are public employee pensions:

They can't raise taxes ENOUGH to cover this white elephant. I once met a Ca lifornia liberal (in Nevada) who had just moved there right after retiremen t (as a teacher) to escape the high California taxes that were paying his r etirement. The unions all vote for democrats who will vote for maintaining their pensions. They pretty much got what they deserved.

Tom

Reply to
tomseim2g