OT: Terminator - whose side are we on?

I find this quite disturbing:

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"They" cowardly ambush our soldiers from hiding. "We" bravely bomb them from 15,000ft.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

It hasn't gotten to the point that they go out on self-directed missions. Yet.

We send robots with bombs so we don't have to endanger our soldiers.

They send their own kids with bombs so they don't have to endanger themselves.

OTOH I quite liked this one:

(don't forget to mouse-over)

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Off topic, but how about this ?:

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

You think one of those could pick off Slowman ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | With Half My Brain Tied Behind My Back Still More Clever Than Mr.Prissy Pants

Perhaps he could tell us what the answer is and how he arrived at it ?...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

All right you bastard - what's the answer and how do you arrive at it?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

It's isn't obvious at all. Intuitively, one would think that it would tend towards zero, but this ignores the fact that the parallel effect of each resistor diminishes the further out you get on the grid. Another method might be to use Kirchoffs to develop an equation, but that again ignores the fact that it's an infinite grid. Yet another method might be to calculate the value for a multiple dimension'd set of grids, then extrapolate that out to the required accuracy. Stumbling in the dark :-).

None of the above gives the answer and calculus must be involved due to the infinite grid. My maths is far too rusty (decades in software engineering) to develop the equations, so I cheated:

Complex, isn't it ?. I wonder how many on this group could have worked that one out from scratch ?...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Sloman would just blame Global Warming. Thompson, on the other hand...

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not me, at least, not in less than a couple of weeks

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

With a little algebra I read that as either

"Resistance is futile," or "Don't swim against the tide."

--Georg Ohm, Zen-master

-- Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat