OT: Small / light NOT expensive PC with RS-232 port

Thanks! Answered e-mail with a semi-qualified YES!

Reply to
Robert Baer

I suspect we have finally got down to the root cause of your problem.

The disk is one that is only compatible with later versions of Windows but there is a shim driver somewhere that allows older Windows versions to read them. Or you could close the session on another RW drive.

But if the PC has USB send him the software on a throwaway memory stick!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

The blind leading the blind!

Very funny. You can't even *describe* your problem unambigously!

Try this one from Adaptec which is free.

No guarantee that it will work for you but I have used it in the dim and distant past ( pre Y2k ).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

is

Win

dead

serial port

if it

and see

yours

regarding

If that does not work out i can about match the offer. 15+ yo lappie, maximally buffed up, win98 with original install disk.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Thanks; will keep you in mind. Dave is chasing the spiders away (well, it WAS used on the web...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Not doing so good on the AST; my zip is 98503. Willing to pay reasonable amount for yours. Please pass on particulars in e-mail to me. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Is that old laptop still available?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Baer

is

has Win

probably dead

serial port

or if it

and see

it's yours

seeing

up

regarding

Why yes, it is. Sorry about not getting back to you with the particulars. You kind of got crowded out. I'll have to find a mutually agreeable way to ship. If you have a loose licence it will run Win2K as well.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I would suggest either Snail or FedEx (prolly best way), *NOT* UPS as they may damage it and even if it is "insured",they have a bad habit of refusing to pay. Willing to pay shipping in advance.

Reply to
Robert Baer