OT:RTOS Developer Wanted

We are looking for a consultant/ employee to develop realtime apllication code on the ARM9 processor. Experience with Montavista or GreenHills Integrity RTOS development on the ARM required. If interested contact me via email.

Thanks,

Bob Stephens snipped-for-privacy@dcxchol.com

Reply to
StephensDigital

Funny, I've almost always placed "possesses a functioning brain" way higher in my priority list than "has extensive experience with XYZ". And when I've been involved in hiring people who posses a functioning brain but not experience with some specific tool or language I've almost always been pleased -- whereas specific experience without the functioning brain has always been a disaster.

It's like only hiring HR people who drive Chryslers.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

TRY:

AntiSPAM_g9u5dd43

You're maybe right when you refer to "employee", but if I would look for an consultant I'd choose someone with experience (and functioning brain of course). An employee should fit into my team, so learning to program ARM might be the least difficult thing for someone new.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it\'s a spam-only account :-)

Why couldn't you more specific, e.g. where on this world do you want the new employee to work.

Note: Unless you know: The internet is meanwhile spread all over the world.

And why don't you give at least a website to check up your company ?

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it\'s a spam-only account :-)
Use @monlynx.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

We have been having an interesting discussion on the topic at 8052.com just lately. Many people seems to think that 20+ years experience is a substitute for a demonstrably functioning brain.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Your observation probably confirms the desirability of his having a functioning brain. On the other hand, it could be his way of collecting a list of international candidates to flog to his cusomers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Asbury

Well, you can take the company web site from his e-mail address. This is probably his way to select candidates with a "functioning brain"

Reply to
Adrian

Or 1 years experience 20+ times.

-Hershel

Reply to
Hershel Roberson

Funny, I've almost always placed "possesses a functioning brain" way higher in my priority list than "has extensive experience with XYZ". And when I've been involved in hiring people who posses a functioning brain but not experience with some specific tool or language I've almost always been pleased -- whereas specific experience without the functioning brain has always been a disaster.

It's like only hiring HR people who drive Chryslers.

--
Well fuck me. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. I placed this
posting as a favor to the head of our IT dept. The requirements are

Bob
Reply to
StephensDigital

TRY:

Reply Rate this post:

Thanks for the pointers

Bob

Reply to
StephensDigital

From: 42Bastian Schick - view profile Date: Mon, Mar 13 2006 9:12 pm Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (42Bastian Schick) Groups: comp.arch.embedded, sci.electronics.design Not yet rated Rating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Pr>We are looking for a consultant/ employee to develop realtime

Why couldn't you more specific, e.g. where on this world do you want the new employee to work.

Note: Unless you know: The internet is meanwhile spread all over the world.

And why don't you give at least a website to check up your company ?

Reply to
StephensDigital

Your lack of proper potty training is being shown...

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

I guess now ya know more about your co-workers if you did get hired.

Reply to
FLY135

One would have hoped "functioning brain" could be left out of the requirements in a job posting. But judging from some postings on the usenet, this is not a given.

But I believe Tim has a point. Sometimes "required" for a particular RTOS or processor architecture may narrow your field of candidates to a deleterious extent.

Better: "Experience with xyz RTOS on abc processors, or similar, preferred"

(Of course, for those without functioning brains, that is a wide open door.)

Fortunately for me, the company that hired me still had "..or equivalent" in their requirements, and they are glad they did.

Rufus

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith

For what? Is this just another spam artist trying to generate advertising clicks on his page? Lacking any kind of context it would so appear. Read the following sig, and the reference URLs before posting again, and remember, google is NOT usenet.

--
"If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don\'t use
More details at:

You've proven in another posting that you lack some politeness, but I didn't expect such on a rude answer.

What's wrong with writing: "XYC Ltd. seeks someone for ZZ in the US"

But anyway, I would not like to work with a guy like you.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it\'s a spam-only account :-)
Use @monlynx.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

They produce military stuff, so they do stupid military tests to check candidates.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it\'s a spam-only account :-)
Use @monlynx.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

The best counterexample I have to this is an experience I had a couple of years ago. I was working on a project that was very much under the gun. We needed a CAN driver coded up in a hurry. The chip was new, CAN was still relatively new. I got a friend of mine whose brain functions very well, thank you much, to come in and write the driver.

He'd never worked with that particular OS before, he'd never worked with that chip before, he'd never worked with CAN before. He wrote us a driver that worked, worked well, worked way before I thought it was possible to do, and didn't have too many maintenance issues later -- and most of those where enhancements for features that I had specifically asked him to leave out in the interests of schedule.

Had we cast about for someone with specific experience with CAN and that chip our deadline would have been long gone before we got the guy -- and I'd give it 30% odds that the driver would have been screwed up for years afterward.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

... snip ...

However, from the point of view of the possessor of the brain, it is almost impossible to get past the guard of the personnel department, who have only a collection of buzzwords with which to sort candidates. That leaves networking, luck, bullshit, and small operations not cursed with a personnel department. However the small operation probably has even less margin to spend on personnel (or consulting) mistakes.