OT: Plonker-bashing

There's been a lot of Guy-Macon-Bashing going on lately, and some of it he brings on himself, and some of it is just plain mean.

I submit there's a difference between "you brought it on yourself", versus, "They saw your reaction, and they're going in for the kill."

When I was in about third grade, I was whining at Mom and Dad that the bullies were always taunting me. Dad, who was a very good salesman, and very glib, suggested that I say to the bullies, "I'm just considering the source." Of course, in 3rd grade, I had no idea what that meant, and the next time I tried it, I got beat up.

It took me a couple of years to learn what "consider the source" actually means.

In the interim, I've been trying to learn a way to say my piece without pissing off everybody in the immediate vicinity.

Boy, didn't we get into it last erection![sic]

Thank Goddess for drugs! I was about to go into the "Now, if I wanted to bash somebody, it'd be .....", and the drugs kicked in, and I don't feel like bashing anybody! Not even that arrogant neoconservative silver-spooned guy who occasionally zaps one off at me out of the clear blue sky.

But, I did want to mention something one of us killfile denizens mentioned not too long ago - "Hey, he's got us killfiled, we can talk behind his back all we want to! Heh, heh, heh! >:->"

But, why? What would that accomplish? How will that make the world a better place? How will it make my life more comfortable, pleasurable, rich - any other adjectives we'd like to apply to what "I"'m getting out of bashing somebody? Or to "How can things be made better" or something?"

Dang! Must be the drugs! I can't think of a single thing I'd change about my life, unless I happened to win the lottery.

On the teevee nooz, they mentioned, "What could you get for $170,000,000.00?" And one of the answers proffered was, "Five private islands in the Bahamas." Snarf! Yeah! That's worth risking a buck for! Then Rich the supervisor chimes in: "Under what country's jurisdiction are those islands? Do I have to buy all five in a package, or can I get just one or two?" and so on.

The notable thing about that was that, as they announced "You only have until 7:45 tonight to get your MegaMillion ticket," I was wondering, "I wonder if 170 mil is enough to buy an island."

FIVE!!!!! What's the catch? I think this was on LA channel

7 or 9, so there might be a news story online somewhere.

Anyway, I guess I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket now - a MegaMillions ticket, no less - and, depending on if the PHB opens up tomorrow, I'll post my results either then or Monday.

Cheers! Rich

Oh, by the way - when I win and get the islands, anybody want to come and join me? Or help find out what country's jurisdiction they're under, and what we can get away with? Thanks! -- RGPH

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yep, got electile disfunction. Can't rove like we used to.

Reply to
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.