OT: motor currents

I was taught, a long time ago, that "windage" just refers to losses due to atmospheric drag on the rotating components, although I can believe that in a fan-cooled motor it's the greatest part of the no-load loss budget.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

That sounds about right.

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

We were taught that "windage" referred to all the losses, even though only part of the losses are air friction.

Not that it matters. I put tiny electronic parts on boards.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I am sure a shaded pole is what you are referring to.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook