OT: Highway driving in Massachusetts

Dozens of flashing blue and red lights up ahead - so bright it's dazzling and making it hard to see.

There must have been a terrible accident. Or a terrorist strike? It looks serious.

Get closer - no. Just a couple guys jackhammering on a bridge, and a dozen state police officers sitting in their cruisers working construction detail.

It also helps a lot if the left lane is closed so there's only two, so then they can park on the right as well and pull you over for failing to slow down and move left.

But don't stay on the left, because then you might get pulled over for failing to move right for the cruiser at the detail. Or for exceeding the speed limit in a work zone - that's a double fine. Or something.

Reply to
bitrex

That's why it's called Massa2shits >:-}

When I was at MIT they actually issued a warrant for my arrest and the seizure of my property since I refused to pay a "poll" tax.

When I graduated and left Massa2shits, I paused at the Connecticut-M'ass border and pissed on Massa2shits >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Don't worry, I've pissed on Cambridge City Hall numerous times. Not because I particularly have anything against them, but simply because every business in the area gives me enormous grief about using their restrooms if I don't buy anything on that visit - even if I've been a regular customer in the past.

And it's pretty conveniently located.

A couple times when I've said things that ultra liberal communists around here don't like, they ask me who my employer is as they'd like to play thought police.

And they don't seem to believe that anyone can actually be self-employed and earn a living. They mostly work for the government, after all.

Can I just give 'em your contact info? That would be funny. I'd send you some good beer or something in exchange.

I'd say most don't have the guts to actually call.

Reply to
bitrex

That was in 1962... was written up in the MIT humor magazine, "Voo Doo".

It since has become illegal to impose a "poll" tax. ...Jim Thompson