OT: FBI Fails in recent hunt for Hoffa

Following a lead, the FBI dug up a farm in Millford Ill. but found nothing.

When it was all over, the farmer graciously thanked the FBI for plowing his pasture.

;-)

RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You're enhancing the news... the FBI will replace the barn at their expense... about $250K.

...Jim Thompson

An old story (from so far back in my memory that it must have come from Readers' Digest):

A hillbilly farmer was drafted into the Army. While at Boot Camp, he got a letter from his wife: "It's time to plant the potatoes. What should I do?"

He responded (knowing his mail was censored): "Whatever you do, don't plow up the south 40. That's where I buried the parts of the still."

A week later, his wife wrote "Some government men came and dug up the south

  1. What should I do?"

He replied "Plant the potatoes."

Reply to
Richard Henry
[snip]

That could well be a true story.

In 1961 I was driving a Renault Dauphine across Pendleton County, WV, on vacation from MIT, planning to stop and visit my grandparents.

Looking at a map I deduced a possible shortcut, a dirt road, and took it.

About 30 minutes later I'm getting concerned, so I stop and ask a farmer who's walking along the road.

He's dumb as a stump, doesn't seem to know anything.

Finally, in frustration, I say I'm just trying to get to my grandfather Lester Thompson's place.

He lit and said, "Why didn't you say so before, I thought you were a revenuer" ;-)

Then he told me I missed a left turn a few miles back.

...Jim Thompson

_Our_ expense.

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That's the original joke I had in mind.

Experience is the worst teacher.  It always gives the test
first and the instruction afterward.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

The FBI replaces the buildings, too? Hmmm, maybe someone can tip them he is buried under my house....

Reply to
Brian