OT: Another possible fix on taxes??

From an investment newsletter:

"While I agree that the size of our government is obscene, and I agree with your prescription for change, I have a much easier (and more flexible) solution than a constitutional amendment. It's very difficult to amend the constitution (for some very good reasons). It would be much easier to do the following. First, change election day to be April 16th. Right now, election day is about as far away from the day people's taxes are due as is reasonably possible, and the American electorate has a short memory. Second, stop forcing companies to be tax collectors for the government.

"Money you never receive is not perceived as belonging to you, if you have to write a check, you know it's your money the government is confiscating. These two changes, which can be implemented by law instead of amendment, would shrink the size of government, a balanced budget amendment may just increase the tax burden instead." ? Paid-up subscriber John J. Genzano

"I still say the government has said all along that if enough people break the law the law is no good. Hence the problem we are facing with illegals in this country. Dear Pelosi says since there is over 14 million illegals in this country, not paying taxes, breaking our schools, breaking our hospitals, which they use the emergency room for a family doctor and don't pay. The word from Washington is with so many people breaking the law we should not enforce it. So we need to organise at least 20 million people who normally pay taxes, to stop paying. Since the precedent is when 14 million break the law we should not enforce the law." ? Paid-up subscriber JPW

Ferris comment: A little civil disobedience could do us a tremendous amount of good.

Reply to
Robert Baer