OT: An Important Message from Ted Cruz

n where you lived.

out the rest of the world. There are quite a few countries in Europe, and w hile confusing Denmark and the Netherlands isn't quite as dumb as confusing France and Germany, it's definitely in the same ball-park.

I did not confuse the countries, I just forgot where you lived. Do not bot her to tell me. I do not care about where you lived and expect you care a s much about which states I have lived in.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

in where you lived.

about the rest of the world. There are quite a few countries in Europe, and while confusing Denmark and the Netherlands isn't quite as dumb as confusi ng France and Germany, it's definitely in the same ball-park.

other to tell me. I do not care about where you lived and expect you care as much about which states I have lived in.

You confused the countries. I've complained about ageism in the Netherlands , and you tried to tie that to comments about retraining the technologicall y redundant in Denmark. The two issues don't have a lot in common, so the c omment was fairly moronic to start with, and you ended up looking even more moronic when you tried to tie them together on the basis that both were ha ppening in the same country.

You do like to tell us that you are smarter than I am, but that kind of pra tfall should have persuaded you to shut up while the claim still looked fai ntly plausible.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Reasonable response. I'd like to discuss this rationally. I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to, but I assume it has something to do with providing health insurance to workers? Insurance that includes access to contraception?

--

Rick
Reply to

can always do the work themselves. Minimal government nutters never like r ules that prevent employers from treat their employees as badly as they'd l ike to - it's restraint of trade - but society does seem to work better if employers are constrained from grinding the faces of the poor whenever they can get away with it.

Here's an incident involving that same group of nuns:

tml The order is a bunch of troublemakers. The case before the SC is not even a bout providing coverage for contraceptives, it's about the Health and Human Services requirement that they certify, by submitting a simple government form, they are a religious organization opposed to birth control. The whole thing is about submitting this friggin form!- They're idiots and troublema kers.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

No love for ol' Cnut?

bitrex

Slowman is a narcissistic egomaniac nutcase PhD... in other words, totally incompetent >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Hmm OK I agree in principle, but in practice government has to do things that some people find repugnant. (I'm thinking Quakers, paying taxes that go to making war on others... and I'm also pretty sure I can find someone who finds sharing a rest room with POC repugnant, hopefully fewer of the later as time goes by.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On 3/4/2016 3:45 PM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: [...]

All you have to do is google or youtube Rafael Cruz (Ted's daddy) to relieve yourself of the notion that there's a lot of religious tolerance in his background. Ted's purportedly destined to be a king who will transfer the wealth of the wicked to the priests.

You can argue about who the wicked might be, and who the priests might be, and exactly what the money will be used for, but the gist of that religious thread is Apocalypse, death to the faithless, rapture for the holy, pray and shoot, pray and shoot... Be wealthy... Or something like that. I'm not deeply into fringe religious philosophy - more a realist

- but I don't think I want anything associated with that anywhere near government.

Makes Jeriemiah Wright seem really really tame.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

It is quite a stretch to equate paying taxes to "go to making war on others" with forcing someone to provide the means to what they consider murder. No one said the nuns didn't have to pay their income tax. Note that Quakers aren't required to kill people, nor build the munitions that do.

Reply to
krw

The link you provided shows nothing wrong that was done by the Little Sisters of the Poor. It was a postulant who lied to the group and then murdered her newborn. A postulant isn't even a member of the group yet.

--

Rick
Reply to

:
:

who get made technically redundant because the products made by their indus try have been replaced by something new and different. Since Denmark is tin y - 5.7 million inhabitants - there aren't a lot of exciting statistics abo ut how well this has worked, but it has attracted some attention.

who are middle aged.

o differentiate between Denmark (population 5.7 million, which I've never e ven visited) and it's southern neighbour, the Netherlands (population 17 mi llion, where I lived for 19 years and worked for about ten of them).

rk was never a world power, and there's no Danish Spinoza - Hans Christian Andersen is about as close as they get.

unity college with delusions of grandeur?

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson still regrets not staying on at MIT to get a Ph.D. and gets envious of those who showed better judgement.

I can't be totally incompetent - I got a phase-lock loop working around Jim 's MC4024/MC4044 voltage-controlled oscillator and phase-sensitive detector combination back in 1972. The combination wasn't all that user-friendly. T he CMOS 4046 was a lot easier to use.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to