Not sure about Manufacturers response

Are you trying to tell us that some of Robert Baer's technology is standards compliant and working correctly?

Truly an amazing thing... yet still he manages to complain about it.

:)

Reply to
Clifford Heath

At low frequencies, the Z-vs-F curve looks just like an inductor. At any point on that slope, X = omega*L.

At high frequencies, after the slope levels off, you sort of have R.

Most ferrite beads have base inductance in the 1 uH ballpark, order of magnitude.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Most handheld LCR meters are wildly inaccurate on inductance, period.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

OK, I see the problem, as my only impedance bridge is an AUDIO frequency one. Yes, if you put the ferrite on a 1MHz + bridge, then the losses in the ferrite will get quite significant, and it WILL have a true R component.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The ferrite doesn't alter the R at all, all it adds

that is wrong

makolber

I made some measurements of ferrite bead impedance from 30kHz to 1GHz. There are a few small ferrite toroid cores thrown in as well. The difference is striking. The plots are at . Ask if you want the raw S11 data.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Very interesting.

You probably know a lot of the links on your page are blocked.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

CERN used to be very open, but gradually more and more is getting blocked. I barely notice, because I'm inside. In the hostile and litigious atmosphere prevalent on the internet, it's understandable that we're getting more careful about what we show publicly. That's a pity, but unfortunately necessary.

Is there anything in particular that you wanted to see, but couldn't?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

thank you, but don't worry, I'm busier than I was now.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr