NON-political, burt FUNNY

Had a car battery fail with a shorted cell yesterday.

While sitting in the waiting room for it to be replaced I found this in a magazine....

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Just shows how easily rap loving retards can be reamed for three times what something is worth.

Barnum said it right.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Gotta love that unregulated power source! :)

Is that anything like Monster Speaker wire that is

99.99% Oxygen free! :)
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

And your post just goes to show that you don't understand "worth,"probably because you have none.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't believe Barnum had anything to say about that.

Crawl back in your hole.

Reply to
Don Bowey

So far, nothing comes close to the $480 beechwood *VOLUME CONTROL KNOB* I saw at an audiophool site. Yes, there are people who, seriously as far as I can see, claim to hear the difference between a plastic knob and a wooden one. After all, violins aren't made of plastic. That makes the solid-silver speaker cables that need to be "conditined" and are marked to specify which end is to be connected to the amp look reasonable.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

The EXL 1200 D (ooooo some mysterious high tech name) is a feature packed (I pack features to make the PCB smaller.) mobile amplifier (Guess is doesn't fall apart from the vibration.) that offers the latest technologies in circuit design (Amp modules that a monkey can get working?) as well as the performance that today's mobile audio enthusiasts demand. (Damn it! I want to drown out the cop sirens behind me.) EXL 1200D features an unregulated MOSFET power supply. (It's got resistors too!) A toroid-coil transformer (Ok..that's got me... If anyone knows...Boost convertor??) and Nickel plated RCA and barrier connectors. (Not that other crummy metal stuff that's used :P) Protection circuits safeguard (Botched DIY install and lawsuit protection.) the amplifier when overheating (Damn...It cuts out every time I park in the hot sun. :P) and speaker shorts or improper load conditions occur. (Wow! I have no fear in hooking it up wrong..) The Cerwin Vega EXL 1200D retails for $799.95. ($10.00 in amp modules??)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

HOW DARE YOU! *MY* oxygen -->PAID

Reply to
Robert Baer

Kind of like 'Lead Free' solder?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, mobile means it is powered off of 12-16V.

When you want high power into a speaker load, 12V isn't enough. So, they have probably boosted the 12V up to 48V - 80V.

[ V = sqrt(P x R), so 100W and 4 ohms -> 20V and 1000W and 4 ohms -> 63V ]
Reply to
Chuck Harris

I'm surprised it doesn't say:

"Unregulated 100KHz mosfet power supply." Or something like that.

Reply to
MooseFET

But but but ... suppose you don't drive a Vega?

Do they sell modification kits so it can be installed in other models? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Jack Ryan, once head of toy development for Mattel, once married to Zsa Zsa, now deceased (Jack that is), restored Facel Vegas as a hobby.

I stayed overnight at his home, high up in the Beverly Hills, where he was adding a facade to make it look like a medieval castle ;-)

...Jim Thompson

More Sugar!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Idiot. Class D amps are pretty much the standard fare in mobile audio applications.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I wonder if the D suffix is because they're cunningly using a class D amp because no-one would know the difference after the background noise and they use a separate heater element to make peeps think it's a linear amp?

;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

"No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." -- HL Mencken

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Nor, apparently, lost an election. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hmmm? Algore underestimated the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people, and he lost an election.

Reply to
Chuck Harris