nice little switcher

This is the 5 volt out version but there are others. It can also convert plus to minus.

I can't buy the parts for three times that price.

Nice switcher, yes.

Can you see the part number of the switcher IC? (would be interesting)'

By the way, notice that the output ripple below 20% load is a whopping

300mVpp. Normally one would like to have that well below 100mVpp
Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

It's marked 1301 G7

It needs added external caps, no big deal.

I do plan to test them and learn more about actual behavior. It appears to be not a synchronous switcher.

onsdag den 15. februar 2023 kl. 21.16.01 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

maybe?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That must be it. 700 KHz is right.

If I do my own regs, I'd use the TI TPS54302 family parts, spread-spectrum synchronous switchers.

onsdag den 15. februar 2023 kl. 21.58.26 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

nice, JLC has plenty in stock, you could probably have a board for $0.5

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

How can they sell them for 18 cents, when we are paying 61?

onsdag den 15. februar 2023 kl. 22.49.51 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

you are buying them the wrong place?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's not just that. I was working on a project where we had a 6 million quantity, so we had direct and almost open calculations on pricing. We managed to quote the same part from Europe and Asia, which provided different cost. The answer we got was that the support structure is costly in EU/Western countries. In Asia much less cost which moved the price down significantly. Also, Asia is a tougher marked, so markup is lower there.

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

Nice, thanks :-)

Yes, a big diode on the PCB, so probably a schotkky

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

Direct from TI.