Newspaper science

In a local news article about a transformer fire in an electrical substation:

"The oil is used to cool the electrical current, which is too hot for the power grid to handle when it's first generated"

I'm assuming the regular city editor was out on vacation.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Our local geniuses reported that a power station generates "192 megawatts every hour". Art

Reply to
Artemus

Yeah, I'll bet it's down for maintenance at times.

Would you rather they said that it generates 192Megawatt-Hours per hour? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Probably silicon oil...

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Last Sunday's New York Times had a stunning piece on the BP rig explosion. But they kept saying stuff like "he found himself covered by droplets of gas." Very off-putting.

John