new timer relay help needed

I just puchased a new timer relay Midtex 658-44 with variable on and variable off delays

I want to run the load on for a few seconds every few minutes so I want to use configuration 6 on the document.

ftp://parts: snipped-for-privacy@divxdude.dyndns.org/midtx658.pdf

u may need to use a ftp client to retrieve it.

I'm not real electronics savy anf am really confused by the insructions facts that

config 6 shows 2 sperate sets timer inputs (4 pins) pinout diagram(8-pin "Wiring") does not provide 4 points for

2 sperate timers

config 6 also shows 3 relay symbols 2 which are in K-1 ( B is used for load )

anyway..if I were to guess at it..

8 pins numbered clockwise starting bottm-left of the octal "notch" looking from bottom (right?)

  1. jumper pin 3 to pin 2

2 jumper pin 1 to pin 5

apply input power A to ( pin 1or 5 ) and input power B to pin 7 load is powered by {(switched) pin 4} and {input power B}

how'd i do? guessed right or not? if not please correct me.

thanks for your help.

Reply to
urjant

I left one out (step 3) ..sorry.

  1. jumper pin 3 to pin 2
2 jumper pin 1 to pin 5
  1. jumper pin 8 to pin 2

apply input power A to ( pin 1or 5 ) and input power B to pin 7 load is powered by {(switched) pin 4} and {input power B}

how'd i do? guessed right or not? if not please correct me.

Reply to
urjant

nope..

i dunno .. have no clue.

help!

Reply to
urjant

WSFTP Pro /* Finding Host divxdude.dyndns.org ... Connecting to 24.223.139.213:21 Connected to 24.223.139.213:21 in 0.000000 seconds, Waiting for Server Response Error reading response from server. Connection closed by remote host. Host type (1): Automatic Detect

*/

What OS is your host running? Any chance you can point us to the original document somewhere else on the Web?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

sorry its on now.

Reply to
urjant

Diagram 6 is not what you want. The 658-44 has switches on it to set the timing for both on and off - diagram

6 uses two separate relays to accomplish that. Look at the diagram below.

The relay coil is connected to pins 2 and 7. You apply a voltage to those pins to energize the relay. You connect your load to pins 1 and 3. Alternatively, you could connect your load to pins 6 and 8.

You set the switches on the relay to conrol the cycle time.

Diagram: (N is the notch, you are looking at the pins - each number corresponds to a pin)

...5...4 ..6.(.).3 ..7..N..2 ...8...1

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

from bottom or top? the socket i picked up at a surplus store is clockwise from bottom view (opposite your diagram)

Reply to
urjant

It doesn't matter - I probably "drew" the socket backwards, but it doesn't change the wiring. Your socket is like this:

The wiring description remains the same: The relay coil is connected to pins 2 and 7. You apply a voltage to those pins to energize the relay. You connect your load to pins 1 and 3. Alternatively, you could connect your load to pins 6 and 8.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ok Ed thanks for the help, much easier than i made it out to be. yeah the pinout is symetrical so even if my way is the wrong one its just means the off period would engage before the on I guess. I wire it up and give it a try.

Reply to
urjant