New Semi Design/Manufacturer Trademark and logo listing

New Semi Design/Manufacturer Trademark and logo listing

Intended solely as a mark recognition aid, this list includes no mfr links - simply the trademark listed alphanumerically by mfr name, letter/numbers appearing in the logo itself and possible letter number 'misinterpretations'. ( If it looks like an 'M', it's listed also under 'M')

Emphasis is placed on incusivity - if it could be mistaken as a semiconductor by its shape and size, the logo will be included. If its a fabless design house, hybrid-only assembly op, been out of business for two decades, only made thermionic valves, only relabelled trash, never actually survived to sell parts in commercial quantities, was a temporary acquisition - its going to be included if a logo survives.

Obviously some logos are no more than the manufacturer's name in text

- these are also included.

At some point in the future, it might be worthwhile to compile other lists organized for characters, symbols, geometric shapes, geophysical features, flora and fauna. The longer the lists the more difficult recognition can become.

Any usefull additions - drop me a line at the contact email on the biz card image.

scroll down to:

IC/discrete semiconductor design and fab - TradeMark / logo listing - A-C, D-K, L-M, N-R, S, T-9 .

RL

Reply to
legg

Very cool, a trip down Memory Lane, pardon the pun.

There was a second DEI, Directed Energy Inc.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/DEI_logo.jpg

acquired by APT. They made/make some astonishing fast HV mosfets.

John

A third DEI was Darlington Electronic Instruments and a fourth was Drain Experts Inc., both as seen in the movie Real Genius...

D-E-I turns out to be a CalTech in-joke.

Reply to
whit3rd

I've got Directed Energy as being acquired by IXYS and APT being bought by Microsemi....? Both on data sheets.....

RL

Reply to
legg

Yeah, I guess it was IXYS that got DEI.

John

I see a lot of...

Looks like your html is a little screwy.

Martin Riddle

The formatting was the result of a Word2K paste into an html editor. Presized images, stolen simultaneously from a windoze temp directory and relocated in the HTML text by 'find and replace all'.

Minimum keystrokes; hopefully WYSIWG; but definitely unclean.

RL

Reply to
legg

Just make an Excel Workbook. Jeez.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

.......and exceeding the ISP server's allowed capacity.

8.5meg data consuming 22meg of disk space on the server exceeds limit by 13meg. All those little files. Wonder why I bothered reducing their size in the first place.

Looking for another site to host the damn thing.

RL

Reply to
legg

You really think that would result in a smaller file size? I find that most MS products handle images pretty inefficiently - stored as bitmaps, to start.

The original word document is ten times larger than the html version, not just the 2x(+) disk usage I'm running into.

The spreadsheet format will be useful for characterizing the images for easier logo recognition - simple 0/1 for columns that signify round, square triangle, animal, vegetable, mineral.......but I'm not there yet. May never be.

The images would still be in the form of links - to inefficiently used disk space.....

RL

Reply to
legg

Links are back up and running care of Gregg at the Geek Zone.

On a UK server - takes quite a while to load a full page of images. I wouldn't try it on a dial-up connection.

RL

Reply to
legg