New Product Predictions

So...what's coming out next?

Where's those virtual reality goggles? I seem to be getting bigger and bigger computer monitors. It's about >$1000 for a 30" computer monitor. I guess there's no head gear (visor/goggles) around that price..

Years ago I had a dynamo powered flashlight that fit in the palm of my hand. It worked by grasping the flashlight and that spun the dynamo. How about that with LED's instead. No batteries needed.

Just some ideas...

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Peoples necks got sore from holding all that weight up.

I have one with a crank that charges an internal battery or capacitor or something so that is close.

A coffee cup with a locater device would be nice for at work. I'm forever leaving mine in strange places.

In electronics, a solar powered DVM would be nice. Mine needs a new battery right now so this comes to mind.

Today is the day that the new anti-cellphone while driving law starts. Lots of people are getting those hands free devices for them which is only a little better. I think a good addition to the cell phone would be a circuit that makes it scream "look out" before the driver crashes into me.

I'm still waiting for my atomic powered flying car.

Reply to
MooseFET

Neato.

Ha... :)

I think a tazer/cellphone combo might sell more. To reduce misuse, perhaps a tazer/cellphone can send GPS coordinates to the police when the tazer feature is activated.

If atomic powered flying cars come out, then crash proof houses and buildings will probably be needed. :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

I remember seeing one once, some years ago -- it is a low enough power draw device that it makes sense.

"I'm still waiting for my atomic powered flying car."

If only Rickover had been in the air force rather than the navy...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I tried one of those in (IIRC) 1990. The size of a pack of chewing gum, it fitted over one eye and projected a monochrome 720x240 pixel display.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

A company IIRC called Kopin had one that was color. It blinked color LEDs as the back light as a one color LCD switch shuttered the image.

Reply to
MooseFET