Need tiny switcher 3.3v in 2.5vout 300ma

Title says it all. Application is cell phone and I need more efficiency. I'm using a LDO now. I can use TI, Maxim,LT, national, Micrel. Boss wants answer NOW!

regards, Bob N9NEO

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Linear Tech has some neat sot switchers.

Martin Riddle

Plenty of options available there. How about the MAX8640:

Tiny SC-70 package, available with 2.5V preset out (saving you parts), and around 87% efficiency @ 300mA. I haven't checked availability.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

The Micrel MIC2205 will hit 90% @ 300mA:

How much board space do you have? Cost an issue? Got an efficiency target in mind? Is the load a fairly constant 300mA?, or does it vary a lot?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

300mA 3.3V to 2.5V = ~96%