Need the topology for a current to current SMPS, not voltage to voltage SMPS

Nope. It would be 1.5x the price of our current plan.

My Oxfords are only for business and church, and there usually for memorial services. On Sundays I go in a Hawaiian short sleeve shirts even when I am ushering.

Well, the leftists make us pay taxes for it so I want some :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I rarely deal with either buttons or shoe laces. Both are archaic wastes of time.

 Click to see the full signature

Okay, gotcha. Well, at 100% duty cycle, your minimum output power would be about .05*5 or about 250mW with a 100R load. Will your load resistance never get higher than that?

Reply to
John S

changed the circuitry so the the current supply is around 0.335 and the compliance is around 1kV, so a dead short still stops most of the power.

It's just I'm used to 'opening' a circuit to stop power, but opening the circuit takes everything through horrific power levels on the way to 'OFF', other parts get the brunt. so a short should work - especially a switch to gnd with less than 1 ohm impedance.

Reply to
RobertMacy

How horrific depends on the time it takes to full open. Burning off 335W for a few microseconds isn't such a big deal.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Don't like pull over clothes of any kind. I have a few pullover sweaters and sweatshirts but I rarely wear them. I really only need something covering my shoulders and arms. Cardigans work, but aren't currently in style so they're impossible to find.

Without laces, my shoes would fall off. Shoes without laces wouldn't go on.

Reply to
krw

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Me opposite. T-shirts and sweat shirts.

People like Adidas used to make good velcro shoes, but they don't any more. So I buy running shoes and replace the laces with Yankz elastic laces, to convert them to slip-ons. Added advantage is that they don't come untied.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

but when left OPEN there are components that still get huge amounts of wattage AND high voltage! So, getting to OPEN fast just means the full brunt is applied sooner not that you pass through a 'danger' zone and then you are ok as it goes totally open. OPEN is the ABSOLUTELY worst case condition for all those parts.

The lowest losses and lowest voltages on the components occur when trying to drive a dead short. mV and mW

Reply to
RobertMacy

Those are neat. I'll have to try a set or two.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, if it still wants to dump current at 1kV "open" isn't going to work. I thought the thing was allowed to turn off in that case.

Without knowing what exactly you are doing all we can do it take potshots at the problem.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Wow, that'll come in handy. Thanks! ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Easier to move, than clean? ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I bought a couple HP 3455A meters that need repaired. Looks like it'll be loads of fun, and they have IEEE-488 interfaces!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Something like that. Mostly it's just always being in the middle of several things at once.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

snip

Ooh, the pain! :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

A Joss Whedon production I think, my wife and daughter love Joss Whedon.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

time as

Nowadays,

bit

have

120%.

desire

of

were

that.

When i run a batch, it is almost like a couple of holidays a few weeks apart. That is the main reason it is a hobby. Whip up the brew, go back to electronics and whatever else for a couple of weeks, bottle it up or set it up on tap or most likely both. The bottles are for friends that can't just come over any time. I do require that the bottles be returned to use again.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Yup. It was filmed in his house.