Need audio tranducer to 50 khz

I'm looking for a transducer and preamp to record audio up to 50khz. Seen any circuits or transducers for this bandwidth? Mike

Reply to
amdx

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

"amdx"

** You have made two mistakes already.

The term "audio" refers to an * electronic signal* with band limits the same as the ( human) audible frequency range - ie 20Hz to 22 kHz.

So - do you want to detect and record only supersonic sounds OR do you want to be a total wanker and extend the audio band to supersonic frequencies for audiophool reasons ??

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That's very nice, ordered two, oh wait $1,954.00 each. Cancel that order! Looking for something 2 to 3 orders of magnitude less.

Reply to
amdx

Neither, I want to record vibrations of air molecules up to 50khz. Thanks for the clarification, all without name calling. Well, "wanker" but that doesn't even register when coming from you. Mike ;-)

Reply to
amdx

Any idea what the panasonic electrets mics are like above 20K? e.g.

?name=P11974-ND

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

You could probably rent them, if it's only for a short project

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The piezo tweeter horns come in about 2K and up go to about 40khz

Reply to
BobG

"amdx"

** Just as ambiguous and meaningless as your last post - wanker.

Kindly state the LOWER limit of your frequency range.

Then state the lowest SPL you need to resolve - cos resolving random molecular motion is a very big ask.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

ISTR that WES had a variety of "ultratweeters" with responses even above 100KHz, with response data to back it up. Check in their PDF catalog:

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

the

Are you saying you want to record the thermal noise of the air? If so, how do you expect to differentiate from the thermal noise of everything else, the diaphragm, case, backplate input resistance, amplifier noise, etc., etc.?

Some clarification of the total frequency range, bottom to top, plus the displacement, velocity or SPL level expected would be of help. If it is sound waves you are trying to measure, what is their source?

Reply to
Bob Eld

No, just getting info to record sound from 20 hz to 50 khz, the source of sound would be a muzzle blast. This seems to be an inexpensive solution get the frequency response.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

"amdx"

** ROTFL !!

Lotsa luck - pal .

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Where is the luck needed Phil? Mike

Reply to
amdx

So you assume it is flat? Good move.

So it's useless.

Cuz he's Patrick. Reason enough.

Reply to
PeterD

Hi PeterD, Here's my original post,

I received one response that pertained to the question recommending a mic and preamp that cost $1950.00, I was looking for something much cheaper. Do you have any info that would be helpful? Mike

Reply to
amdx