Moving from 16f690 to 610 being a pain

I'm trying to move down from a 16F690 which i've used for a while, to a 16F610, after looking at my code and realizing i wasnt using portb or any other features unique to the 690. it *should* have been a clean swap, but i am missing something. to illustrate my concern, i will share a bit of code that is perfectly fine on the 690, but is giving me NOTHING on my 610's. this is BoostC and i'm using a pickit2 progger BTW.

#include void main() { ansel=0; trisc=0; portc=255; while(true); }

what in god's name could i possibly be missing ?

Reply to
mcnerd

Dunno.

Have you set up the oscillator and other configuration options such as WDT correctly? he config settings and available options vary between models.

If that doesn't help, have you looked at the assembly code it generates?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany