Mitsubishi heat pumps

Are a few of you blokes heat pump experts? I'm attracted to Mitsubishi's M-series of inverter-driven split ductless and ducted "comfort" systems.

I'm thinking of a small one for the upstairs master bedroom, etc., and maybe a bigger one for the living room. We already have a whole-house HVAC system, but it has no zone capability, and it'd be nice to have a cool bedroom on those hot August nights.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Move to Arizona ?>:-}

(I don't notice the heat so much anymore... having dropped 40 pounds since we last met face-to-face, I run an average body temperature of

...Jim Thompson

We may not need the heating option, but they group the cooling-only models into the same series. I suppose you have a house-wide system, but do you use or have you considered small local booster units?

Great, you'll live longer!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

House-wide, "zoned" sort-of (3 zones)... my office runs warm in the afternoon (west-side of house). I've actually pondered the Mitsubishi unit... sounds enticing.

I hope. Had a false-alarm Leukemia scare recently... turned out to be nothing more than my wine consumption which enlarges red-blood cells... but also raises good cholesterol... you win some and you lose some ;-)

Picked up a bad case of food poisoning a few weeks ago (restaurant), which put me on some really nasty antibiotics... Metronidazole and Cipro :-( ...Jim Thompson

The brand has been around for a long time, has a good reputation and is top dollar per btuh. Carrier also has ductless:

and Carrier products are excellent.

You might want to get an energy audit before spending too much.

You don't have enough cooling now because structural members have moved creating air leaks, seals have disintegrated, insulation has settled, and/or who knows what else.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You need to stop going to those restaurants in your area that pick up the lizard road kill and heat stroke fatalities.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Those are what Japanese homes use so they're proven systems with very high manufacturing volumes. They probably disable the on/off jingle for US exports.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

Winfield Hill schreef op 06/28/2015 om 10:59 PM:

I'd check the noise level. When I got an A/C for my office I choose the most silent one that fit my budget (both indoor and outdoor units because my outdoor unit is mounted on a sloped wooden roof).

Reply to
N. Coesel

I would question the reliability of any Mitsubishi device on semordnilap grounds.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

We have a Mitsubishi M series ductless. It works wonderfully, and it's quiet. Best air conditioner I've ever experienced.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr