metric usage

Is the HD video live view or just playback?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It has a one button record, but also has a mini-HDMI out.

SO far, all three of my Olympus cameras put out their video live. The other two, via composite out (and audio of course). The USB cable kit also has one with stereo audio and composite video out. The HDMI connector is separate from the USB (obviously), and pipes to an HDMI device, so that pretty much has to be live.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Point'n'shoot CCD cameras are prone to noise from overheating. Even if the 29 minute video limit in the specifications is for a lame codec, I doubt you'd get it to work well as a security camera on a hot summer night.

--
I will not see posts from Google or e-mails from Yahoo because I must
filter them as spam

Pretty sure the high res arrays are all CMOS now, no?

And this camera will record hours of video, so it should have no problem simply piping it pout. Continous duty would require shrouding at the very least. I think it is h.264

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Forefinger.

And even that is arbitrary because adult sizes vary so greatly.

Reply to
SoothSayer

You are right, I was wrong. I bow to your superior intellect. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard